Saturday 27th November 2021, 8:00pm
Resilience – Conquering Your Inner Demons
Join us for an evening of open and honest conversation where attendees will get to experience a journey of resilience and how to overcome intrusive thoughts that many of us face. Rory’s Stories and Ray Goggins will deep dive into topics like the fear of failing, setting yourself goals, living with a positive mindset, and so much more. Moderated by editor and podcaster, Mike Sheridan, the evening will help to open up the dialogue on conquering your inner demons.
Comedian Rory and former Special Forces operator Ray first met on RTE’s Special Forces Ultimate Hell Week where Ray put Rory through his paces both mentally and physically, all in the name of charity, of course. Since then, they’ve recognised the need for more open conversations about wellbeing and the internal struggles a lot of people face on a daily basis. Although serious topics, they will bring humour, some great stories and that feel good factor to the evening as well. Their aim is to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves but most importantly, walks away feeling confident and inspired.
Over the years Rory has shared his own journey on mental health and has seen it resonate with so many people. Ray understands the toll that certain internal hardships can take on people, and in turn, has the ability to encourage them to keep on pushing through it. And so, they’ve come together to share their experiences and skills with a live audience in the hope that these open conversations will help and inspire others.
Presented by Singular Artists
We are very excited to welcome you back to live music.
In order to keep artists, staff, crew and audiences safe, we ask that you adhere to current public health advice when attending a show at UCH:
- Please do not attend the show if you are suffering with any symptoms of Covid-19.
- All patrons must provide valid proof of immunity from Covid 19 either via vaccination or recovery using a EU Digital Covid Cert and valid ID on arrival at University Concert Hall (UCH). A negative PCR, lateral flow test or antigen test is NOT accepted for entry at present.
- Minors who do not hold proof of immunity must be accompanied by an Adult who carries proof of immunity. Any group bookings including minors should be booked directly through the Box Office on 061 331549
- Tickets must be pre-printed at home or can be presented on a mobile device for admission. Ticket collection will not be available on the day.
- Patrons are required to wear masks at all times, including during the performance. Patrons will not be granted access to UCH unless they are wearing a mask.
Patrons are required to follow the most up to date government guidelines at the time of the show and should also familiarise themselves with the full list of UCH guidelines for ticketholders outlined here.