Friday 25th March 2022, 7:30pm
Ellen Kent's Opera Tour 2022
Senbla presents Opera International’s award winning Ellen Kent Production with international soloists, highly praised chorus and full orchestra Puccini Madama Butterfly.
Welcoming back the fabulous Korean soprano Elena Dee and celebrated international soprano’s Alyona Kistenyova, Maria Davydova and Ecaterina Timbaliuk*.
Back by overwhelming public demand, this award-winning Opera returns in a new production with exquisite sets including a spectacular Japanese garden and fabulous costumes including antique wedding kimonos from Japan.
One of the world’s most popular operas, Puccini’s Madama Butterfly tells the heart-breaking story of the beautiful young Japanese girl who falls in love with an American naval lieutenant – with dramatic results.
Highlights include the melodic Humming Chorus, the moving aria One Fine Day and the unforgettable Love Duet.
Sung in Italian with English surtitles.
*Cast subject to Change.
Please note that certain seats may have restricted views of the surtitles. Please check when booking tickets. All information is correct at time of release.
We are very excited to welcome you back to live music.
In order to keep artists, staff, crew and audiences safe, we ask that you adhere to current public health advice when attending a show at UCH:
- Please do not attend the show if you are suffering with any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Patrons are required to present valid proof of immunity eg. EU Digital Covid Certificate and ID on arrival at UCH.
- Minors who do not hold proof of immunity must be accompanied by an Adult who carries proof of immunity. Any group bookings including minors should be booked directly through the Box Office on 061 331549
- Tickets must be pre-printed at home or can be presented on a mobile device for admission. Ticket collection will not be available on the day.
- Patrons are required to wear masks at all times, including during the performance. Patrons will not be granted access to UCH unless they are wearing a mask.
Patrons are required to follow the most up to date government guidelines at the time of the show and should also familiarise themselves with the full list of UCH guidelines for ticketholders outlined here.
Winner Best Opera Award
Above all it was a production which captured the raw emotion at the centre of the opera. Don’t take a handkerchief with you, take a box of them