Wednesday 2nd February 2022, 8:00pm
ICO – Mozart, Wilson & Bruckner
Irish Chamber Orchestra
Thomas Zehetmair Director/Violin
MOZART, WILSON & BRUCKNER
Mozart Serenade No. 6, K. 239, Serenata Notturna
Ian Wilson The Seventh Seal
Bruckner String Quintet in F Major WAB 112 (for string orchestra arr. Zehetmair)
Mozart’s Serenata Notturna is one of his happiest and most entertaining works. It brims with comic contrasts creating a sound-world of its own. Principals Christian Elliott and Malachy Robinson and their ICO colleagues present the world premiere of Ian Wilson’s Seventh Seal – a new concerto for cello and double bass, commissioned by the ICO. Zehetmair’s arrangement of Anton Bruckner’s String Quintet, a brilliant Romantic work, is symphonic in scale but intimate in character, full of tension and passion.
Please note, this event will take place in line with government guidelines at the time
Presented by Irish Chamber Orchestra
We are very excited to welcome you back to live music.
In order to keep artists, staff, crew and audiences safe, we ask that you adhere to current public health advice when attending a show at UCH:
- Please do not attend the show if you are suffering with any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Patrons are required to present valid proof of immunity eg. EU Digital Covid Certificate and ID on arrival at UCH.
- Minors who do not hold proof of immunity must be accompanied by an Adult who carries proof of immunity. Any group bookings including minors should be booked directly through the Box Office on 061 331549
- Tickets must be pre-printed at home or can be presented on a mobile device for admission. Ticket collection will not be available on the day.
- Patrons are required to wear masks at all times, including during the performance. Patrons will not be granted access to UCH unless they are wearing a mask.
Patrons are required to follow the most up to date government guidelines at the time of the show and should also familiarise themselves with the full list of UCH guidelines for ticketholders outlined here.