Wednesday 15th September 2021, 8:00pm
ICO – Mozart & Strauss
Mozart Adagio & Fugue in C minor K. 546
Mozart Serenade in C minor for Winds K. 388 Nachtmusik
The ICO emerge from darkness into light with Mozart’s C Fugue. The healing Adagio reminiscent of a French overture is filled with bold, expressive progressions whilst the Fugue, rolls on relentlessly to its close. Mozart’s powerful Wind Serenade oozes a new optimism, a celebration, as we as a nation looks to the future, to new beginnings with music that brims with colour, sophistication, and dramatic intensity. Finally, Richard Strauss’s post-war masterpiece Metamorphosen is seen as an impassioned heart cry for the death of German culture. Goethe’s essay On the Metamorphosis of Plants, inspired the title as this ravishing music evokes themes of rebirth, growth, and transformation. There are strong parallels as we emerge from the trauma of Covid with a huge sense of renewal and hope.
Presented by Irish Chamber Orchestra, Jörg Widmann Director/Clarinet
We are very excited to welcome you back to live music.
In order to keep artists, staff, crew and audiences safe, we ask that you adhere to current public health advice when attending a show at UCH:
- Please do not attend the show if you are suffering with any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Patrons are required to present a proof of immunity eg. EU Digital Covid Certificate and ID on arrival at UCH.
- Minors who do not hold proof of immunity must be accompanied by an Adult who carries proof of immunity. Any group bookings including minors should be booked directly through the Box Office on 061 213302
- Tickets must be pre-printed at home or can be presented on a mobile device for admission. Ticket collection will not be available on the day.
- Patrons are required to wear masks at all times, including during the performance. Patrons will not be granted access to UCH unless they are wearing a mask.
Patrons are required to follow the most up to date government guidelines at the time of the show and should also familiarise themselves with the full list of UCH guidelines for ticketholders outlined here.