Friday 22nd April 2022, 8:00pm
An Evening With Dan McCabe in Concert
Due to the updated government guidelines Dan McCabe’s show which was due to take place on 16th February 2022 has been rescheduled to.
FRIDAY 22ND APRIL, 2022.
Existing tickets remain fully valid for this new date.
Coming from a long lineage of folk musicians Dan McCabe commenced his career in music at an early age. Dan would eventually go from strength to strength in this genre of the industry and consequently it became his full time occupation.
Due to the Covid 19 lockdown and the lack of opportunity to benefit from ‘Live Music’ performances Dan turned his focus to posting self made videos of his music on social media platforms, merely as a pastime and an escape from the hardship and gloom of the pandemic. Completely unexpectedly these recordings would be viewed over 12 million times online and as a consequence it also caught the attention of senior producers at RTE.
Dan was invited to Aras an Uachtarain by President Michael D Higgins and performed ‘The Parting Glass’ to the delight of the president.
During the Summer of 2020 Dan featured on the Sunday Game on RTE TV and performed a version of Luke Kelly’s ‘Song for Ireland as a tribute to healthcare workers battling the Covid 19 pandemic. This segment went viral and acted as a real catalyst with Dan gaining a huge online audience and leading the way for various TV appearances.
Presented by Tom Kelly Promotions
We are very excited to welcome you back to live music.
In order to keep artists, staff, crew and audiences safe, we ask that you adhere to current public health advice when attending a show at UCH:
- Please do not attend the show if you are suffering with any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Patrons are required to present valid proof of immunity eg. EU Digital Covid Certificate and ID on arrival at UCH.
- Minors who do not hold proof of immunity must be accompanied by an Adult who carries proof of immunity. Any group bookings including minors should be booked directly through the Box Office on 061 331549
- Tickets must be pre-printed at home or can be presented on a mobile device for admission. Ticket collection will not be available on the day.
- Patrons are required to wear masks at all times, including during the performance. Patrons will not be granted access to UCH unless they are wearing a mask.
Patrons are required to follow the most up to date government guidelines at the time of the show and should also familiarise themselves with the full list of UCH guidelines for ticketholders outlined here.